Today's Webcast focused on factoring out repeated creation of objects in XAML (and their manipulation in the code behind) by creating objects dynamically using CreateFromXaml (This will be available for viewing as soon as the recording is processed).
The webcast began by showing this application, that uses animation to display changes in data over time.
It then explored the problems with this approach and offered a solution as shown in this video.
During the course of the webcast I mentioned a number of postings that you may want to read:
- A tip of the day covering CreateFromXAML
- Tip of the Day showing that you can retrieve the Silverlight control (plugin) using GetHost()
- Brief Tip of the Day pointing to information about the Silverlight control's content sub-object
- Introductory Video on using Silverlight with Web Services
- More advanced video that uses Silverlight with Web Services, AJAX and JSON