A quick note to thank so many of you for your excellent suggestions. The following topics are definitely on my list (though not yet in any particular order) and I have quite a few more to look into:
- Creating a Skinnable Custom Control in depth
- Deployment traps, problems, issues, and solutions
- Handling Data from Database to the Data Grid
- Isolated storage in depth
- Custom Layout controls
- Silverlight Security
- Authentication and Authorization
- Advanced animation and the physics of animated objects
- Mobile Silverlight
- Silverlight and AJAX
- Inter-control communication
- Astoria & Silverlight
- Silverlight and WCF
There were also many requests for “Line of Business” tutorials, but I’ll tell you that I believe others are working that part of the story so I may hold off a bit on that until I know exactly what we’ll have to offer there in the near term.
These are certainly not the only topics I’ll be covering, but it already make for a challenging list. Please feel free to send additional topics via email as they occur to you and don’t forget to keep an eye both on the new videos and on the WebCast schedule.
I can promise no fewer than one substantial tutorial per month; whether it makes sense to increase the frequency is something that I’ll be thinking about quite a bit this summer.