I live, more or less consciously. in the rhythm of four calendars; three of which are very closely aligned:
- The Gregorian Calendar (Today is 12/20/2009)
- The Jewish Calendar (Today is 3rd of Tevet, 5770 )
- The Microsoft Fiscal Year (Today is about 3.5 months into my yearly commitments)
- The Academic Calendar (while my kids are in school)
Fortunately, the last three more or less align, so I tend to think in terms of two New Year’s – two times a year to revisit what I’m doing and recommit: early September and about now.
Projects for Jan 1 – end of Microsoft FY
This is a core commitment, both in terms of my commitments to Microsoft and to the community. It is also a labor of love – what could be more fund than bringing together a project that lets me work an application with potentially high value that also spins out learning material (mini-tutorials, tutorials, videos, etc.) The state of this project as of Dec 19, 09, can be found here.
Expect to see updates at least weekly and “releases” every other Wednesday as documented here.
Tutorials & Mini-tutorials
The Mini-Tutorials will focus on the following areas
The Tutorials will often be roll-ups and integration of various mini-tutorials and videos. Expect to see mini-tutorials about weekly, and Tutorials about every six weeks.
The blog will focus on the following topics (leavened now and again with other things as they occur to me):
- Mini- Tutorials
- HVP Status Updates
- Geek Profiles
- Twitter – Micro-blogging.
Videos will focus strongly on Silverlight 4 and MEF, SMF and WCF RIA Services
- How-Do-I Videos on Silverlight 3
- How-Do-I Videos on Silverlight 4
- How-Do-I Videos on MEF
- How-Do-I Videos on SMF
- How-Do-I Videos on WCF RIA Services
Conferences & Presentations
- Trip Reports