I’m hoping to find volunteers to help me catalog and create a comprehensive, up to date guide to Silverlight resources.
Specifically, I’m hoping you’ll take on the task of itemizing resources for one of the following areas
- Getting Started With Silverlight
- Transitioning to Silverlight 4
- Forms, Controls and Events
- Displaying Data
- Graphics and Animation (and the VSM)
- Understanding Silverlight Internals (e.g, the Property System)
- Silverlight & Windows Phone 7
- WCF RIA Services
It is my hope that each volunteer will be able to list all the resources you can find for one of these areas, and mark each resource by Source, Type and Status:
- V = Video
- H = HyperVideo
- M = Mini-Tutorial
- T = Tutorial
- L = Lab
- W = White Paper
- B = Blog Entry
- O = Other
- 4 = Verified works with Silverlight 4
- U = Needs to be updated, still relevant
- D = Suggest we discard as obsolete or too badly broken
I will then take all the ones that are marked 4 and aggregate them into a Table of Contents of Silverlight-related content. Items marked U or D I will add to my to-do list.
If you are interested in participating, please send me an email with what area you’d like to take on. My hope is to have your first report by June 1, with a goal of publishing the first TOC by mid-June.