[ Weekly Winners Listed at the bottom of the message ]
Want a free copy?
If you’d like a free copy of Programming C# 4 direct from O’Reilly, just leave a comment indicating your interest and agreeing that after you read it you’ll…
(a) write a review on Amazon and BN.com, (good, bad or other) and, (b) if you like it, tell friends and co-workers (if not, tell me 🙂 )
Each week for the next 3 months I’ll draw a name randomly (each entry will be assigned a number and I’ll use a (pseudo) random number generator to pick one).
My Hidden Agenda
Programming C# was, for a while, the best selling book on C# and O’Reilly’s #1 .NET book. I want that back. The single best way I knew of to get it, was to ask Ian Griffiths, the smartest C# programmer I know, if he would rewrite the book; keeping what was best, removing the cruft and adding his extraordinary insight. He and Matthew Adams (an extremely sharp (pardon) guy who I don’t know nearly well enough) have done an extraordinary job.
Quite Note on Rules
This is a fairly informal system, but to make sure no one is upset, here are some rules that I hope are fairly standard:
1. I will do my best to ensure that the selection is random
2. I will select a winner sometime during every week of August, September and October 2010, though we may extend.
3. Please put your name into the comments only once
4. I will announce the winners on this blog post, and announce the update on twitter (@jeseliberty)
5. Winners must provide me with their full name, shipping address, contact phone and email. Unless you specifically ask otherwise, O’Reilly may add you to one or another of their mailing lists.
6. This is a promotional give-away from O’Reilly Media, please follow their rules and all local laws, customs and rites.
7. Void where prohibited, Your mileage may vary, Not available in sector C.
- …The first winner is Twitter Follower 0x666 – @Darenmay.
- Winner for the week of August 9: Mark Lewin
- Winner for the week of August 17: email@example.com
- Winner for the week of August 23: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winner for the Week of August 30: Shankar R.
- Winner for the week of Sept 7: Kevin
- Winner for the week of September 14: Niall D
- Winner for the week of September 21: Otsile Earl Kole
- Winner for the week of September 28: AxiomaticImpact
- Winner for the week of November 1: SilverArc
- Winner for the week of November 8: Graeme G
- Winner for the week of November 15: Robert.Waffles
Update: books will all go out the first week of January.
Winners: Be sure to email your full name and mailing address to me: email@example.com