Yes, indecision is a bad thing, except when its not. The delay in re-starting my open source project has afforded me the opportunity to think of a number of alternative projects that might very well provide more (or more interesting) exploration of Windows Phone 7.
Among the possible projects are:
- HVP ported to the phone
- InReferenceTo.me – all about my day – who i talked to, what I listened to, etc.
- SilentHere – preset the places I want the phone to be very quiet (movie theaters, schools etc.) and have it automatically go quiet there
- AudioNoteToMe – one button press to start an audio note, one button press to save it and email it to me.
- LocatonTag – uses location services to know where you and other players are. If I take your picture before you take mine then I “got” you and you can no longer get me. He who gets the most players wins. Can be massively multi-player and international, over an extended period of time.
- What’s That? – point your camera at a building, and get back information on the building, architecture, etc. Point it at a tree, find out what kind of tree it is. Point it at a bird…
- Location Based Todo Reminder – Read todos from an on line service (Toodledo?) and pick out the ones that are location dependent. When you come within x meters of that location, hear a reminder.
The project is scheduled to begin November 1. If you intend to participate in the open source project, please leave comments as to which of these projects seems most promising to you.