After carefully reviewing the videos we have for Silverlight 1.0, I see two major gaps that I'd like to fill in the next few weeks; though I welcome your feedback as to whether you think they'll be useful.
First, I propose to create a multi-part "How Do I Start Programming Silverlight 1.0?" My tentative outline for this series is
- Chapter 1 – Download and install
- Chapter 2 – Shapes and Brushes
- Chapter 3 – Transformations
- Chapter 4 – Animation
- Chapter 5 – Streaming
- Chapter 6 – Media and Encoding
Second, until now I've made a point of hand-coding all the XAML in my videos, but given that the design surface for Silverlight 1.0 is, for now, Expression Blend and not Cider (the design surface in Visual Studio 2008) it is time to think about how developers can make use of and integrate this designer's tool into their work flow.
Thus, I plan a series of vides entitled "How Do I Use Expression Blend as a Developer?" My tentative outline for this series includes
- Two models for using Blend:
- Working with Designers (Wireframe -> Code -> Integration)
- On Your Own (Developers creating "good enough design")
Your feedback on these ideas is very much requested and valued.