Beta 2 has been announced, and as you may know from Tim’s post and Karen Corby’s, one of the big and wonderful additions to Beta 2 is a new model for skinning Silverlight controls. There are a lot of other new additions as well, and I'd like to dedicate June to tutorials, videos and blog posts about some of the most exciting.
The timing is good, because I just finished updating all the tutorials for Beta 2 (watch for them to be posted shortly after Beta 2 is available) and the one I did not update is #3 Styles and Templates.
I chose not to update that one because the new model is so much better there was no point in fixing up a tutorial on typewriters when computers are about to land on your desk.
During June I'll release
- A new tutorial that covers Styles, Templates and the VSM in great detail
- How Do I videos on Styles, Templates, Visual State Manager, and tying it all together
- Videos on Animation, new controls, Data Binding improvements, and much more
- Multiple “digging deeper” blog posts and…
- June 18 – Round Buttons with Visual State Manager The first in my new series of Web casts unlike any I’ve tried before: much higher value, much more information, much more use of the medium.
This should just be a blast.